Monday, 21 July 2014

I prefer sand.

Hello folks!
Woof!
Well, our dolphin spotting has been going very well - we've managed to find all 50 of them! Hoorah!

But last week, I forgot to mention the dolphin calves. In every library here, there are a few dolphin calves, decorated by school children. These are a couple of them at Airyhall library...


And they've placed a few up at the WDC (Whales and Dolphins Conservation) Centre, one of the sponsoring charities of the project, at Spey Bay.

So of course, we set off up there to find them!
(I had to vow not to be sick or poop or anything in the car, first, and I was a very good girl and kept my promise, I did.)

I'm here, woof!
When we got up there, rather than the forecasted rain, we got beautiful sunshine, and I had a lovely visit, barking at all the other doggies there.

I was a bit creeped out by these odd, dried-up dolphins, who were trapped in the ground, though.

I'll just leave now, if that's okay.
I think I preferred the dolphin calves inside the centre, they looked really good, too.


And then I faced a big challenge.

To get over to the beach we had to cross PEBBLES.

I'm smiling because I'm happily perched on these stones and I'm
not moving.
Woof, my little paws certainly could not cope with those itty-bitty little rocks! Where was the sand?

Most of the time, I just waited for someone to come and pick me up and carry me to the sea, but no one came.
I had to wobble across the rocks with no help, and then wobble all the way back to the centre.

Who's idea was this?
It was very pretty down at the beach, and I did have fun, but I think I prefer the sandy shores of Aberdeen.

And anyway, we saw zero dolphins at the WDC centre, and in Aberdeen, we see loads of them!

Hooray, this is better! Look, I can walk properly!
And now for our...

Wild Dolphins of the week!
This is Bon Accord Beauty, outside the Marischal College.


And Doric Dialect (Doric is an Aberdonian language), at the front of the new(ish) library...


Lastly, this is the Yellow Dolphmarine, on the River Dee!


Thanks for popping by!
Cheerio,
Pippa :) wuf wuf

21 comments:

  1. PIPPA my mom is a huge dolphin fan. She is squealing and dancing at the sight of these beautiful creative dolphins!!! bravo bravo for finding them and thank you for sharing them with us.
    lots of hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    OMD I would've been twisting my ankles on all those minirocks!!! Thoughts of grounded dolphins freaks me a bit too; but how wonderful that you got to tick off all 50 of the painted beasties! I have been pondering ways to come and see at least some of them myself... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just wonderful - love the yellow dolphinmarine :) Mom misses seeing the dolphins so much - when she lived back in Australia she lived right on the beach and would see dolphins every day - she even had special names for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pity you didn't see any Pippa but the painted ones are fabulous. I wouldn't like the stoney beach either. Hope you get to see some next time. We have missed you. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the yellow dolphmarine!! Thanks for sharing them all with us. Pee S. I prefer sandy shores too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't like stony beaches either, always afraid to twist my ankle. Sand feels good between your toes. Those are some really nice dolphins, that quite a feat to see them all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful and especially the calves :-) How good you managed to see them all . Those strange ones in the ground are pretty spooky - I wouldn't have liked them either. Thank you for sharing those pics - woofs and licks from Magic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH PIPPA..... THIS is what Blogville is ALL ABOUT.... Sharing thingys that the REST of Blogville would NEVER have a chance to experience. THANK YOU... We love Dolphins and this is an AMAZING Project. Love all of them... except fur the dried up ones...
    Sorry you had to endure the toe pinching ROCKS to get to the See the Sea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pippa, I have tried that "please come and pick me up" thing when faced with too much shingle, but it rarely works.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS Well done on finding all the dolphins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dolphins, dolphins everywhere! :) Yes, it is easier on the paws to walk on sand than pebbles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pippa I feel for your little feet. Someone should have help you out. Loved looking at the painted dolphins. Thanks for the sights.
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those dolphins are amazing Pippa! You are so lucky to have them there in Scotland.
    The beach is great at this time of year, isn't it.
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, so you found all of them, did you get a pic of each and every one, love it when the kids get to decorate them. OH Doggie, I would have gone off about them pebbles to walk on, some momma would not have like that episode!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, congrats on finding all 50! Impressive. That must have been a fun adventure! Rita would have also been creeped out by those ol' dried up dolphins in the ground. I agree that someone should have carried you over those rocks! Where are your servants when you need them??

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love your dolphins--and You found all 50 plus calves. Well Done.

    Now, we don't think those are pebbles....they're rocks and your minions SHOULD have carried you over. Sounds like a wonderful day out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That dolphin search is pretty cool! Congrats on finding all 50 of them. That's quite the feat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMD!!! Those dolphins are soooo cool Pippa!! Ma is squealin' cause she really loves them and would loves to swim with them.
    Yeah, I don't likes the pebbles either, sand is SO much betters!! You can't do zoomies in the rocks!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. We do like the artsy dolphins!!
    We never met any dolphins, but we barked at a sea lion once. He barked back at us!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Pippa ~ What a treat to see the dolphins again. So many talented peeps and little peeps. Why they just come to life seeing how they are painted. The last one definitely looks like a flying plane dolphin.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Pippa! We just found your doggie blog and loved seeing all your great pictures and adventures. We would never see dolphins and seals around here in Western New York State. How exciting! Please come visit us at The Daily Bone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Pippa, we just came across your blog from Ludo's bloggy! Our human mom had a Sheltie million years ago. You have so many great photos. Love this dolphin place!

    Momo & Pinot

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me a woof!