Friday, 3 January 2014

A recipe for a Happy New Year

Hello folks,

Firstly, a belated Happy New Year to everyone, wishing you a year full of toys, walks and woofs!

Now, let's report on my Hogmanay. Woof!

Every year, for some strange reason, we have to go through a very scary recipe to get us into the new year. It goes like this...

First, eat some Chrimbo treats, to make you feel a bit better.
At 11pm, get your lead on, and away you go for a quick walk,
 to investigate...
Bounce down the (very clean) street to the bangin' beats
heard from Union terrace.
Mix in some funny a-happenings in the city centre, the stranger the better - police everywhere (strange), fences around some streets (very strange), and oddly happy Aberdonians (really strange!).

Take a moment to watch as the mixture proves a little. Also, it can be a good idea to do your business now, so you don't have to do it in the next stage, doggies!

Quickly run back home, and watch from a safe distance as -

BOOM!
The theatre roof nearly catches fire.

BANG!
Aberdeen is shrouded in a cloud of stinky smoke.

WHIZZZ!
Shells from the fireworks fly everywhere, as the council
desperately try to do the washing-up.

And of course:

Remember to put on a brave face,
after all that whining!
And after all that madness, you should have a light, moist and tasty Happy New Year!

(New Years have a Use By date of around 30th December,afterwards it is advisable to make one on Hogmanay.)

Cheerio,
Pippa :) wuf wuf

26 comments:

  1. Pippa! I look like a blue sausage! I'm going with the fact that I have a full kilt and well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Happy New Year to you! p.s. Monsterface is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa happy happy New Year to you sweet friend and all your humans.
    Hugs
    MAdi your BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barky New Year. Looks like you had a lot of action outside.

    Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pippa Happy New Year to you. Mine was spent behind the sofa as the boom booms were going on all night. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Pippa, that was VERY BRAVE of you to be out and about on the streets of Aberdeen on New Years Eve with all those happy Aberdonians (most disconcerting, I would imagine). I stayed curled up on my cushion in the study - a room with no external walls - during all the commotion outdoors, but I did get to observe the after effects the next morning.
    Happy New Year Pippa. Hope 2014 brings lots of good things to you and your family.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Hogmanay! At least there were treats involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    What a good recipe you cooked up there Pippa! Glad you were safe and were able to summon the brave face! I really enjoyed my first proper Hogmanay in many many many years. Wishing you all the best. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'd like the treats and walkies....but you can keep the fireworks. We'd be barking like mad. 'Happy Aberdonians' Bwahaahaa! At odds with the usual stereotypical dour scot! We hope you got a fantastic 'first footer' and have LOADS of luck this year!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella& Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you all.
    You were very brave with the fireworks Pippa - it sounded as though someone was throwing granades at our windows, they were so loud.
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year
    I use to like fireworks when I was younger. I use to sit in my mums arms warching them out of the window. I cannot hear them now so they do not bother me. My second brother Henry hated them and would run around barking the whole time. There was no way he could be pacified the poor little boy.
    Lady Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Pippa and to your peeps...
    We think the pictures of the Fireworks are BEAUTIFUL.
    The snacks didn't look bad either!! Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A big Happy New Year to you Pippa, ohhh the banging thingies scare the poop right outta ME, now Bites he just sits and watches, what a nut!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year Pippa. Used by date for the New Year Bawheheheeeee I will remember that.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William the Scot

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR SWEET SHELTIES!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year Pippa....we hope to see lots of your adventures this year

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope your New Year is pawsome!
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year Pippa!
    You are SO brave!
    Me? Don't ask! I'm wimpy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year to you Pippa too! We also wish you a very happy, healthy and full of treats and toys 2014!
    The fireworks look awesome but I don't like fireworks at all. The bing bang booms drive me crazy all the time!

    ~Eva

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those fireworks look so pretty but I still dislike all the noise!!! Happy New year to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year, you are courageous!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are braver then us! Happy New Year! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are some big scary fireworks. Good thing you had your Cranberry-Turkey treats to get you through it!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year, Pippa! I hope those loud fireworks didn't hurt your ears.
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey, I have a quick question I wanted to ask you about your blog, do you think you could send me an email when you get this? Thanks! Tiffany
    tpham(at)dropcam(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me a woof!