Monday, 15 July 2013

A Scottish overload!

Hello folks,

It has just occurred to me that my last last two posts have been much more Scottishy than usual!

I hope I'm not boring you with all of this stuff, but I thought it would be nice to let you all see a bit more to my area.

And anyway, lots of you doggie breeds originated on this rainy little part of the UK, so I thought "woof, why not?"

Today, we're going into Old Aberdeen, the really old part of the city!

Are you excited?
Let's go...

Woof woof! The Scottishy tour continues!
Kings College Chapel





This is the Crown Tower at Kings College Chapel. King's College is about 518 years old and part of the University Campus.

Can you tell they don't trust me to sit on a wall by myself where there are people floating around? Woof!






St Machar

Here's St Machar's Cathedral!

The building is more than 800 years old, but the site was used as a Celtic place of worship in about 580 AD. It was restored from a Norman style cathedral to a kirk in the 13th Century.

The ceiling is covered in noble looking coats of arms too, woof!

There are rumours that William Wallace's left arm is stuck inside one of the walls here, because parts of his body were sent around Scotland when he was killed! Woof!





  
Woof! This is Seaton park! ("not another park, Pippa!")
This garden here is full of bonnie flowers...
Like these ones, planted in the shape of the Saltire flag!
Here we are on the River Don, and you'll never guess what I've just seen!!!
A Heron! Woof!
Do you see it?
We crossed the Brig o' Balgownie into this little part of the town.
Isn't this wee housie pretty?
Woof, I can't be trusted standing in the middle of roads
 without my slave either, but looked at the nice houses!
We walked towards the Bridge of Don by the river.
Can you see what's under the bridge?
Woof, it's the beach!
(How do we always end up here...)
There were lots and lots of dolphins right in front of us today, though!
They were jumping and splashing around in the water!

Eve couldn't manage to take a photo of them (she managed to take a photograph of the sky), so here's one taken by the University people at the beach last Tuesday.
Courtesy of Aberdeen University
Woof, it is I, Pippa, with the Gordon Highlanders!
To top it all off, we passed the statue of the Gordon Highlanders and remembered to take a photograph this time.

How truly Scottishy!

I hope you enjoyed my little adventure today!

Thank you for visiting again,
Bye for now,
Pippa :) wuf wuf

32 comments:

  1. Yes, we really did and still do, dear Pippa! Thank you so much for showing us so many beautiful parts of your country! Mom is so happy to watch your pics! She would like to come to visit you, but at the moment it is not possible (yes, you can relax! ;) )
    We want more of it!
    Love
    Arno and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your tours, Pippa. They remind Mom of the little bit of Scotland she's visited in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tour Pippa! My peeps used to visit Scotland for holidays and also for a big dog show in Edinburgh and my brother Crybbe is from Renfrewshire but I have never been there yet. My peeps say it is very beautiful - woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pippa, I consider you my personal tour guide of Scotland. Wondering where you'll take me next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, everything is soooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey that river looks real beautiful. And I am not bored with the tour at all.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. An excellent tour! We love seeing other parts of the world! That heron is HUGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tour Pippa and loved seeing your neck of the woods. Hope you are having lots of sun. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tour - we certainly enjoyed it and we love hearing about our ancestral homeland

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make a great tour guide. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pippa WE Love your tour.. THAT is one of the BESTEST thingys about having our Blogville Furends ALL OVER THE EARTH... it lets us SEE and Learn all about other countries.
    WE loved every single picture today... PLEASE keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Pippa what a beautiful place to visit, please keep the pictures coming cos we are vicariously living through you!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pippa what a beautiful post and we love love love your tours. Mom says it might be the only way we get to see your gorgeous country.
    hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  14. you SHOULD do scottish pots because Shelties are from Scotland!!!! I LOVE THESE PHOTOS! Don't know if you know, but I moved!
    Please visit me at www.dakotasden.net and if you aren't receiving my posts, please re-subscribe?
    Barks and licks and love,
    Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  15. No such thing as a Scottish overload Pippa. It was lovely to share the tour with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hari OM
    Hello from monsoonal Mumbai! I have been trying not to get too distracted from my studies here, but I love all the doggy blogs and yours has special appeal - you see, I am Scottish!! (Okay, so now am Aussie and a wee bit Indian... but still). Seeing all these lovely piccies has made my heart sing. &*>

    I do not have a doggy of my own at the moment, but have been blogging about the J's and also about the ashram dogs, which might be of interest to you.

    So "Pippa", I do hope you can persuade Eve to take you out and about some more in the bonny land of Alba so that you can share more with us out here in blogland!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. We love Scotland so we enjoyed all your photos! Mum always says that wherever you look there is a beautiful view in Scotland. Wow, we would love to see a wild dolphin.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aye, ya wee bonnie lassie, we love looking at our home lands (So does Dad), keep it coming! sure wish us and the peeps could come over and you could take us on a tour!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your country is really beautiful! Maybe if I'm lucky enough, I'll get to visit someday. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You live in a beautiful place Pippa! We love to see your pictures.
    hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  21. We love seeing where you live. Lady likes to put pictures to places she has read about but not visited. It is cool it is so old! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love see your local scenery and sights! It always amazes me how old some of your buildings are. Here in the US a building is considered pretty old if it is 200 years! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  23. First of all, you could NEVER give us scotties (and scottie lover) enough of Scotland. SHE loves all those old historical places and interesting buildings. We'd just love to sniff stuff....and maybe find William Wallace's BONE! Wouldn't that be a find!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for that pawsome tour!! I loved it and Mommy really loved it. What a beautiful place!


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty pictures. Love all those smily face humans.

    ReplyDelete
  26. We love seeing all the photo's Pippa as half our family live in Scotland xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pippa, we LOVED your Scottishy tour - after all, Scotland is my ancestral homeland! And She lived in Aberdeen for nearly three years - She loved your photograph of Kings College - She said it's one of her favourite buildings ever. So thanks for sharing. You must be LOVING the sunshine at the moment! Long may it last and you can have more trips to the beach!

    Woof

    Groucho

    ReplyDelete
  28. Woooo, Pippa...I just love seeing Scotland! Being one of the Scottish terriers, I keep looking for my "roots" in your photos. You saw some lovely things on this trip and I am so glad you remembered to take photos everywhere!
    *Cairn cuddles*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looks beautiful! Thanks for taking us along on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Overload?? No Way!! I loves seein' all the Scottie Sights!! And Ma just LOVES the cottages!!
    She wants to live in one and never leave....
    Wows, you even gots to the beach?! Very cool that you saw dolphins playin'!!!
    Can't wait to see what's next!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gosh, so many familiar places. And you know what Pippa. Gail too is always trying and failing to take photos of dolphins.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, how lovely! I wanna go there! And how nice to always end up at the beach. Rita's favorite spot!

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me a woof!