Monday, 8 July 2013

A brief peep of the Cairngorms

(Sorry everyone, this was supposed to go up on Sunday, but I was watching Wimbledon. Well done Andy Murray!)

Hello folks!
On Monday, it was my 2nd birthday!

I got a squeaky "pawbon" biscuit toy and a squeaky "poochy cream" toy,
a new dog ball and two cards!
But all I was really interested in playing with was my old ball! Woof!
The weather's been mostly really nice here, so on Saturday, Eve and Grace and their parent people came and dognapped me again.

They shoved me into the dreaded box, and off we went...
Apart from when I was sick and when I piddled, it was quite a peaceful journey. I was a very good girl and lay down the whole way!

Here we are in Glen Esk, and the sun is shining!
This is the Glen Esk retreat, a nice place with a shop and cafe.
And there's an old folk museum. Woof!
Whilst THEY sat and had scones and stuff...
I took my ball for a wee walk. Woof!
There was a man playing guitar, a lady playing the fiddle and two little
girlies dancing.
The museum was interesting...
Everything in it was old farmers stuff that had been found in the Glen!
Woof woof! We could draw on the walls too!
Look what Eve I drew!
It was lovely and sunny! Woof!
In the car we jumped, and headed off further into Glen Esk...

On the way, we passed a rock with the Cairngorms logo-ish thing on it. I was like "Woof woof, we are in the cairngorms!"
I never ever thought I would make it this far in the car!

We walked along a path by the river...
We passed Invermark Castle as well...
And there were sheep, which I wasn't allowed to herd!
I mean, I'm a sheepdog aren't I?!
Then we got to Loch Lee.
Woof, it's so nice here!
We had to go home though, because it would take us an hour to get back
and we needed our tea.
On the way back, horsies came to speak to us, but I
did not speak to them. Woof!
I fairly enjoyed my short visit into a wee bit of the Cairngorms.
Maybe, I can come back one day!
Thanks for visiting today!

Eve's on holiday now, so hopefully you might see more of my face this month!
Be prepared.

Bye for now,
Pippa :) wuf wuf

25 comments:

  1. Hey Pippa! Sounds like the car time is worth it -- looks like it was a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2nd Birthday Pippa. Enjoy the sun. It is getting hot here too. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn'T Andy Murray do well!! We were cheering and cheering! :) Happy Birthday Pippa !! Looks like you had a great day out Sunday. The weather is great at the moment!! The Staff is wondering whether the Old Folk museum had old folks in it? Dunno what she means! mol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy late late Biwfday sweet Pippa
    Sumetimes the favowite old toys awe the best. Bol...that outing looks like it was well wowf the dweaded box twip.
    Such gowgoos scenewy and so many things to see and do.
    Smoochie kisses
    Asta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pippa that was a beautiful weekend what a great holiday!!
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well that was quite an adventure you had and a nice bunch of presents for your birthday - but you know what - we agree - old toys are the best toys :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely scenery! Looks like a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boy you sure did have a nice day and visit all the stuff and sheep and horses, yeap they should have let you heard the one sheepie guy, would be fun like with your ball!

    The Mad Scots and Trainee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Pippa! Shame on your Mom for posting about your birthday late!!! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PIPPA!! I am delighted you had such a wonderful day!
    Barks and licks and love, Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMD she posted your birthday LATE... Oh Boy, I hope she made up for it in treats..BOL..Well done Andy, we all lov'z you.. Look like you had a fun time Pippa :) xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pippa, what a great presents and even better, what a great adventure. And weren't you a good girl in the car (almost!)
    I once went to Glen Esk when I was quite a wee pup. Thanks for reminding Gail. we really must go back soon.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday. What a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday! Twice as old as you were last time. You are one well traveled pup.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks lovely, Mum would love to go there!
    Glad you had such a nice birthday.
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you're going to be dognapped--that's the way to go! Fantastic birthday outing. Happy Birthday, mate.

    Oh, and balls have to be seasoned. We're sure you'll play with that new one when it's ripe.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a fun birthday to me. Well, except for the mishaps in the crate. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday. Too bad u didnt get to heard the sheep. Mommy loved the smiley faces u put on the humans. She smiled ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Pippa, Happy happy Burthday Gurl!!! Wows, those look like some pawsome pressies!
    You are such a good gurl, I would have barked at all the horsies! BOL
    Thanks for takin' us along with you!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a super way to enjoy the glorious weather Pippa! Lovely scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy 2nd Barkday, Pippa. You really know how to celebrate with a great family outing!

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy 2nd belated birthday! What lovely photos!! Great adventure for your birthday!

    Thanks for stopping by Pooch Smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pippa what a beautiful outing you had. I know you all enjoyed the sunshine.
    Your country has breathtaking scenery..My peeps hope to visit someday...but of course I will not be with them
    Hugs Madi your bFFF

    ReplyDelete
  23. Howdy Pippa, nice to meet ya. I hope my little brother Rory the Great Dane doesn't scare you. I've told him to be careful where he steps hehe. He nearly has the same birthday as you cept it's the 6 July and he was two as well! I too am a bit of a scardy cat, er dog, butt am getting better with age. See ya soon. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Belated Birthday! You got some pawsome pressies.

    I love that the museum you visited was dog friendly. There aren't any around here like that.

    Thanks for following my blog. I'm following you back and looking forward to reading more of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a great trip. Looks like it was fun. And a belated happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, give me a woof!